Silver Dollar City announced their 2015 expansion plans today. They will be adding 6 new family rides and 4 new interactive play activities in an all new area.
More info and a video overview of the area can be found on the SDC Website.
Sound the alarm as Silver Dollar City debuts 10 NEW Family Adventures coming Spring 2015! Centered around the headquarters of Station No. 3, Fireman’s Landing is designed with the atmosphere and theming of an old-time volunteer firefighter recruitment fair with activities set up to test the skills of even the youngest would-be recruits. The addition to our 1880’s city encompasses nearly 2 acres and increases the park’s attractions adding six family rides and four interactive play zones.
You asked for it and we listened...an All-NEW Area with rides and attractions for the whole family, ages 3 to 93! Fireman’s Landing harkens back to the days of bucket brigades and volunteer firemen with rides and attractions ready to train and entertain would-be recruits including:
1. Fire Spotter – Soaring balloons for spotting fire danger
2. Fire Wagon Frenzy – A bumpy ride for bucket brigade volunteers
3. FireFall – The 8-story fire tower free-fall drop ride for the more daring recruits
Station No. 3 Firehouse Play Place where guests can meet the station's newest Dalmatian resident & "sign in" for three training activities:
4. Firefighter’s Fire Drill – Featuring buckets, pumpers, foam ball cannons and targets for showering mock fires
5. Firefighter’s Fire Escape – An obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides
6. Firefighter’s Junior Escape – A soft play area for toddlers
7. Fireman’s Flyer – A low-flying swing ride for little firefighters
8. Up the Ladder – A smaller tower drop ride for junior recruit
9. The Roundaboat – A bouncing ride on Dalmatians racing around a fire hydrant
10. Firehouse Splash Yard - Squirting water jets and pump hoses
The citizens of Silver Dollar City know all too well of the dangers of a fire as during the late 1800s the town then known as Marmaros burned to the ground. Following that devastating event, citizens rallied and quickly decided that they would never fall victim to such a fire again…together they would be prepared. The fire chief is now asking that all volunteers be ready when duty calls at Fireman’s Landing…it only takes one spark to light the fire of family fun!