Six Flags Great Adventure Announces May Events and Opening Date for Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth
Fast Tracks and Food Trucks, Food and Craft Beer Festival – May 4 & 5
Six Flags hosts its annual Fast Tracks and Food Trucks festival that showcases delectable cuisine from around the world, as well as craft beer on tap. The festival is free with theme park admission and food options are available for an additional fee. Guests can enjoy various dishes such as gourmet Italian street food, empanadas and Cuban sandwiches, or authentic gyros, Belgian waffles with a French touch and much more. The 18 food trucks are located in Movietown May 4 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and May 5 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Seating and live entertainment is available inside the Movietown Arena. Discounted daily theme park tickets are available for purchase online at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
Spring Dancefest – May 5 & 19
For more than 25 years, Dancefest has created the opportunity for troupes of all ages to perform without the pressure of a competition or recital. Tickets are $32.99 plus tax and individuals will receive one free ticket for every 10 purchased. The Spring Dancefest is free with active Membership, Season Pass or theme park admission. Performances will take place inside Showcase Theatre at noon. All participants will receive a limited edition pin to take home for performing in the show. Groups must register in advance, as there are 15 minute slots available. Registration is required for group participation.
Exclusive -- Autism Day – May 8
(Private event – Memberships, Season Passes and regular day tickets are not valid)
Gersh Academy and Custom Education Foundation team up with Six Flags to host its second-annual Autism Day May 8. The event was developed to offer sensory-friendly experiences for children and adults on the autism spectrum. Modifications will be made to park sound and lighting, several decompression areas stocked with sensory-friendly items will be staffed by Gersh professionals, and more than 100 highly-trained special education members from the Gersh Academy will be on hand assist families throughout the day. The park will open exclusively for this event from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Six Flags Members and Season Pass holders must purchase a special event ticket for admittance.
Cheerfest – May 11
Cheerleading and cross-over dance teams perform and compete for trophies and prizes at the 29th annual cheerleading and dance championship. The event is open to public and private schools, recreation and all-star teams. The competition takes place at the Movietown Arena on a 42’ x 54’ spring floor. In the event of inclement weather, a final decision to hold the competition will be made by 5 p.m. the day prior to the competition. All competitors and spectators require a Cheerfest wristband and registration. Wristbands are included with the Cheerfest tickets on the order form.
Mother’s Day – May 12
Six Flags invites mothers to enjoy their day at the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park. Moms can experience a fulfilling Mother’s Day with family and friends by enjoying the record-breaking coasters, adorable animals and tasty treats available throughout the park.
WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Member Appreciation Event – May 18
Six Flags Members can celebrate the launch of WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth with an exclusive Member Appreciation Event. Members will ride this world record breaker before it opens to the public May 23. All Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Elite Members will have the opportunity to ride the world’s tallest pendulum ride all day, and meet WONDER WOMAN at various times between 11 am and 5 pm. The event will include double points for Membership rewards, a limited-edition WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth pin, free snacks, and a dance party with the Member DJ during the launch party.
Catholic Youth Rally & Matt Maher Concert – May 19
Six Flags welcomes its guests for a day of praise in the park May 19. A program will run in the Showcase Theater from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. A mass will be held in the Northern Star Arena at 5 p.m. Following the mass, guests are welcome to stay as Christian music artist, songwriter and worship leader Matt Maher performs in concert. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for all other concert attendees.
Exclusive -- Education Day – May 22
(Private event – Memberships, Season Passes and regular day tickets are not valid)
Students will experience an exclusive education day May 22. The safari will open at 9:00 a.m., and the theme park will open at 10 a.m. Exclusive Education day allows students to observe classroom principles at work in real-life settings from the Six Flags staff who work in the field each day. Programs include physics, STEM, business and marketing, biology and safety patrol.
· Spring Physics Day – Students will be able to see and feel the principles of physics first hand. Students can participate in various activities throughout the day helping them get excited about pursuing careers in the science field. Pre-registration may be required for activities.
· Middle School STEM Day – The STEM event is geared toward Middle School students who will focus on STEM activities. There is a new middle school STEM workbook with in-park activities. Students can download the new, free workbook here: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/educational-event/middle-school-stem-day
· Biology Day – Biology students will tour the 350-acre wildlife preserve with experienced guides leading the way. The program is geared for both high school and middle school biology and life science. Students will have the opportunity to observe 1,200 animals from six continents, and put their skills to the test by working on the Biology Day workbook. The workbook, created by Anastasia Wheeler, certified NJ State Science teacher and Six Flags Safari Programs supervisor, will test the knowledge of students through fill in the blank, multiple choice, and open-ended questions.
· Business & Marketing Education Day – Six Flags invites middle and high school students to learn about business by showing them the marketing tactics of a theme park. There will be a business and marketing presentation at 11:00 a.m. at the Showcase Theatre. Following the presentation, the park will announce the winner of the business and marketing challenge. The challenge asks students to design a business plan for concerts, sporting events or marketing non-profits. This activity is done in advance of the trip and helps participants gain insight into a future career.
· Safety Patrol Day – Safety patrollers help ensure the safety of fellow students and schools. These individuals can participate in activities around the park that empower students to find leaders in themselves.
WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Opens to the Public – May 23
The world’s tallest pendulum ride, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, opens to the public May 23. Towering at a staggering 17 stories tall, this jaw-dropping, spinning disk reaches speeds up to 75 miles per hour as it spins and swings to breathtaking heights.
· Massive, 17-story pendulum that swings back and forth;
· 40 riders propelled in counterclockwise circles as the ride swings continuously;
· Speeds of nearly 75 miles per hour;
· Riders experience feelings of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air; and
· Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air.
Memorial Day Weekend – May 25 to 27
As summer quickly approaches, Six Flags offers special ways to celebrate the Memorial Day weekend:
· Garden State Comic Fest: Great Adventure Edition – May 25 & 26
Six Flags teams up with Garden State Comic Fest for another fun-filled mini-con May 25 and 26 from 12 to 7 p.m. The comic fest takes place in the Metropolis section of the park. There will be comic book and toy vendors as well as artists doing sketches for fans of all ages. Children 12 and under are permitted in costume (Fright Fest makeup and costume rules apply). John Wesley Shipp who played THE FLASH on the original TV series and currently plays Henry Allen and Jay Garrick on the CW Network's version will join Comic Fest for meet and greets, autographs and photos both days of the event. Charlie Schlatter who voices THE FLASH in THE LEGO Movie will also join Comic Fest both Saturday and Sunday. Comic Fest is free with theme park admission.
· LA X 96.3 Memorial Day SummerFest Feat. Jowell y Randy – May 27
Six Flags teams up with 96.3 LA X for Memorial Day SummerFest May 27. The concert begins at 5 p.m. and is free with active Membership, Season Pass or theme park admission and features Jowell y Randy, Lyanno, Shino Aguakate and Brea Frank. Jowell y Randy have solidified their place as Latin music superstars with international success and collaborations with popular names in both Latin and urban music genres. Puerto Rican singer Lyanno fuses R&B and hip hop. Aguakate is a well-known comic and urban artist now working as a beloved radio personality in New York. Frank, also known as “The Voice of the People” in the Dominican Republic, serves as an influential figure on the island’s airwaves as a DJ, TV host and philanthropist. Together, this comedic duo hosts “La Gozadera,” -- comedic approach to the latest music, entertainment and pop culture.
Comments are closed.