8/25/2021 1 Comment
Fall Favorites and New Features Promise Ultimate Thrills and Chills in 2021
Ghoul Hiring Event Tomorrow
JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 25, 2021 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Scream Park, today announced the lineup for its iconic fall festival, Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS®. New attractions, shows, and a new weeknight event will headline the 2021 season which will feature nearly 30 seasonally-themed additions. Following a year’s hiatus, Fright Fest is poised to deliver the ultimate in Halloween thrills and chills.
Fright Fest weekends will offer family-friendly “Thrills by Day” and terrifying “Fright by Night.” Admission will include six elaborately decorated areas, attractions for kids including the popular Trick-or-Treat Trail, 10 live shows including its iconic “Dead Man’s Party” and “Unleashed,” and the park’s thrilling rides will run in the dark for added chills. Plus, nine haunted mazes will provide the most extreme scares for an additional fee. A full array of dining, shopping, and games options, including special limited-time fall offers, will be available throughout the park.
New in 2021:
SNICKERS® will return as the presenting sponsor of Fright Fest bringing scary haunted houses, Trick-or-Treat trails, and the annual Very Important Zombie Sweepstakes to guests across the nation. For a limited time only, guests at select parks can also enjoy special Fright Fest food and beverage offerings like the Funnel Scream Cake featuring SNICKERS®, a Fright Fest favorite, or the new Frightening Fanta Fizz drink made with Orange Fanta, candy corn syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles, available in a limited-edition souvenir cup.
Six Flags and Coca-Cola® have also teamed up to deliver innovative augmented reality experiences to park guests this year. These web-based AR experiences will be available at select Six Flags locations, either by scanning onsite QR codes or a Six Flags drink bottle. Each of the four featured experiences will reveal a hidden “scare” within the Fright Fest-inspired AR scenes. Users can create spine-shivering, sharable content by raising the dead, summoning giant spiders, and unlocking screaming skulls. Guests can also visit the Fanta photo booth experience inside the parks that puts users into the middle of a zombie attack.
Member & Season Pass Appreciation Month & 2022 Sales
September is Member & Season Pass Appreciation Month. Six Flags’ most loyal fans will receive special discounts and in-park offers, extra rewards, exclusive shows and maze access, and a nightly Fright Fest fireworks display. Details will be available in their web portals.
In addition, 2022 Season Pass sales launched Monday. For one low price, guests can enjoy unlimited visits to the theme park and Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure for the remainder of the 2021 season plus all regular operating days in 2022 (some exclusions may apply). Season Pass Holders can now take advantage of Six Flags Rewards, once only reserved for Members. Passes are available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets
Fall Reservations, Ghoul Hiring, COVID Safety & Wild Safari
To address high demand and improve guest service, reservations will be required for all guests visiting Fright Fest in 2021. Six Flags Members, Season Pass Holders, and daily ticket holders must pre-book their visit. Guest who arrive without a reservation will be able to make one on the spot, based on space availability. If the park is “sold out” for the day, they will not be admitted.
Six Flags is on the hunt for more ghouls and zombies to help scare up some fun. Interested candidates should apply online before attending an audition at www.sixflagsjobs.com or text SCARE to 220-MONSTER. The park will host a Ghoul Hiring Event tomorrow, Aug. 26, from 5 to 8 pm in the Employment Center at 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ. It will feature fun acting exercises and on-the-spot hiring for Fright Fest. Seasonal team members who work through October 31, 2021, can earn up to an additional $500-$1,000 or more with a 10% bonus for wages earned from July through September and a 15% bonus for wages earned in October.
Based on current New Jersey mandates and park safety protocols, masks are recommended for all non-vaccinated guests. Social distancing and hand sanitizing are strongly encouraged.
Fright Fest will kick off Sept. 10 and run weekends and select days through Oct. 31. For more information about Six Flags Great Adventure, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will operate daily through September and weekends and select days in October and November. Reservations are no longer required to visit one of the largest drive-thru safaris outside of Africa. Xpedition Dino will operate throughout the day as a drive-thru add-on without scare actors.
2021 Fright Fest Attraction Lineup
Fun and family-friendly “Thrills by Day” activities include:
1. Scarecrow Street – Main Street is decorated in its fall finest for a great photo op.
2. Spooktacular Dance Party – Guests can join the street dance party featuring Halloween hits.
3. Cornstalk National Park – Kids’ rides and towering cornstalks make a great photo op.
4. Scary-oke – Six Flags calls all kids to be the singing superstars of the show.
5. Pumpkin Patch Lane – Pumpkins, hay bales and mums adorn this kids’ fall fun area. Photo opportunity.
6. Trick-or-Treat Trail -- Kids 12 and younger can wind their way through the hay maze for sweet treats.
7. Witch’s Brew – Fanciful tales from the friendly neighborhood witch.
Once the clock strikes 6 p.m., the event will take an eerie turn with “Fright by Night.” The event may not be suitable for kids age 12 and under, and those who scare easily. The program will include:
8. The Arrival Ghoul Parade – A horde of demented clowns, mutants, and freaks take to the streets.
9. Frightworks – Exclusively in Sept., guests can enjoy eye-popping fireworks to a spooktacular Halloween soundtrack.
10. The Awakening – Guests harness the power of black magic to release the ghouls for “Fright by Night” in this stage show. Contains pyrotechnics and loud noises.
11. Dead Man’s Party: Grave Stories – Learn the tales behind the revelers at Dr. Fright’s explosive and iconic song-and-dance bash. Contains strobe lights, pyrotechnics, and loud noises.
12. Unleashed – Enter a mystifying world of incredible acrobatics, illusion, and dance.
13. Blood Drums – Driving beats and rhythmic power tools create a unique, pulse-pounding percussion show.
14. Doc Swan’s Sideshow of Oddities – Wild, wacky, and macabre exploits from sideshow expert Doc Swan.
15. Scarecrow Street – Scarecrows and zombies come to life on Main Street.
16. District 6 – Mutant villains have seized control of this gritty city in Lakefront.
17. Clown Town – Wicked clowns bring mayhem and madness to Movietown.
18. Lady of the Lake Cemetery – Cursed by the Jersey Devil, drowned bride Guinevere and other evil spirits haunt the Great Lake.
19. Venom Gulch– The town folks may have left, but the spirits of the miners trapped in the mineshaft remain in Frontier Adventures.
HAUNTED MAZES – Fright Pass required
20. Reflections of the Dead – Come face-to-face with yourself as you try to escape the evil lurking in this labyrinth of mirrors, mystery and mayhem! Children 44” and under must be accompanied by an adult.
21. Fears – Six Flags will prey on your worst nightmares, from spiders and blood to dolls, ghosts and more.
22. The Manor – Travel the cobwebbed halls of The Manor, where flesh-hungry zombies are stalking around every corner.
23. Big Top Terror: Forgotten Carnival 3-D – Deep in the woods, stumble upon a forgotten carnival of rotten tents and vicious monstrosities trapped in the netherworld. Sponsored by Twix.
24. The Lab – Try to escape this facility filled with unlicensed experiments, mysterious test tubes, and top-secret research. Sponsored by Dove.
25. Xpedition Dino: Survival – It’s a prehistoric purge of epic proportions. Beware–dinos are on the loose. Sponsored by M&Ms.
26. Blood Shed – Mama welcomes you to her nightmarish farm of human-animal hybrids.
27. Wicked Woods – Dare to venture into the haunted forest where evil creatures of fables and folklore materialize before your eyes. Sponsored by 3 Musketeers.
28. Aftermath – A once-quiet neighborhood has been overtaken by post-apocalyptic mutant scavengers. Sponsored by Snickers.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Great Adventure, Wild Safari and Hurricane Harbor
Six Flags Great Adventure is the World’s Largest Thrill Park with world-class, award-winning rides like Kingda Ka, Nitro, and Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom. The park offers two areas just for the littlest guests and great family rides for the whole family, plus entertainment, shopping, and a wide variety of dining options. Its Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure is one of the largest self-guided drive-through safari outside of Africa and gets guests up-close to more than 1,200 animals from around the globe in the privacy of their own vehicles. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is one of the Northeast’s largest waterparks with more than 25 refreshing attractions for the whole family. www.sixflags.com/greatadventure