Ama Lea (Dir Fangoria’s 2022 Chainsaw Awards, Dir Deathcember) and Vanessa Decker (Bloody Disgusting’s Horror host of Hello Horror and influencer @horror.vixen), combine talents to create an unparalleled workout experience that blends heart-pounding fitness routines with the spine-tingling suspense of vintage 80’s horror. The Slashercise DVD series promises to combine all that is loved about 80’s classic horror and fitness rolled into a full-fledged, digital format exercise program
Brace yourselves for a groundbreaking fusion of fitness and fear with Slashercise, a spine-chilling horror aerobics workout DVD that promises to reinvigorate the way we experience fitness! Slashercise is the horror genre's answer for the latest iteration of the at home workout generation. REAL workouts, REAL Horror, REAL fun. Presale for Vol 1 is open now at www.slashercise.com!
Slashercise was conceived by Decker and Lea at the onset of the pandemic when at-home exercise had its biggest resurgence since Jane Fonda donned spandex. Joined by our producing team, Event Producer Claire Dunlap (Spooky Swap Meet, Midsummer Scream Halloween and Horror Convention) Lindsay Hearts (CEO & Designer at FOXBLOOD), Diana Prince (Darcy The Mail Girl of The Last Drive-in with Joe Bob Briggs) and Kira Von Sutra (Artist), Slashercise was born.
Slashercise is a complete exercise plan that uses host-guided cardio routines and bodyweight training to provide a complete circuit training workout. The workouts are designed to keep your muscles moving, challenged, and active. This is an ACTUAL workout with the added motivation of 80s horror, synthwave, gore, camp, and scream queen hotties that leaves the user panting for more! Forget grooving with the oldies, join us while we get those buns of steel or die trying!
Key Features of Slashercise Vol 1:
1. A Horror-filled, Cinematic Fitness Journey: Director Ama Lea brings her cinematic expertise to the fitness world, while Vanessa Decker and fitness accomplices craft workouts that play out like scenes in a horror movie. Each session is a journey into the unknown, guided by the immersive storytelling that has made Lea a standout figure in the horror industry, the two will script out killer scenes for everyone to enjoy.
2. Frightful Fitness Routines: Slashercise introduces a series of high-intensity workouts inspired by iconic horror themes. From cardio sessions set to the beats of a menacing synthwave soundtrack created by macabre maestro Travis Bacon, to strength training routines that'll mirror the struggles of a long night of final girl survival, each workout is carefully crafted to keep participants on the edge of their exercise mats. Vanessa Decker, celebrated for her passion for all things horror, injects the workouts with her unique personality and insights. From eerie warm-ups to pulse-pounding cardio, Decker's presence adds a layer of authenticity and excitement that horror fans will appreciate.
3. Inclusivity: Slashercise is for ALL bodies. Tall bodies, short bodies, plus sized bodies, thin bodies and dead bodies...ok maybe not dead bodies, but you get the idea. Inclusivity is built into the workouts and is present on screen with our delightful cast of bodaciously scary ghoulfriends leading the workout sessions.
4. Spooky Set Designs: Slashercise doesn't just happen in a typical workout studio. Our 1980's synthwave nightmare extends to the set designs, transforming exercise spaces into haunted landscapes where every squat and lunge is accompanied by an eerie and fun atmosphere.
5. Celebrity Cameos and Horror Sketches: Between workouts, recover by watching our short horror sketches highlighted by celebrity cameo appearances. Lea and Decker have curated a lineup of surprise guests who'll bring the horror genre to life such as Felissa Rose, Diana Prince, and Spencer Charnas from Ice Nine Kills with many more.This series is bound to become a new addition to your vintage horror collection!
6. MEATHEAD. 'What's the worst thing you can imagine at the gym?' Vanessa asked Ama. "A creepy dude invading my space?" "Close! A gym bro aka MEATHEAD!" And that's how our slasher, MEATHEAD was born. He's an absolute nuisance to our workout crew causing havoc and mayhem on our film set, as well as leading our easy and modified modes for the workouts!
7. Four Bone-Chilling Sections: In this hour plus workout DVD, you will have the option to do ALL four workouts or choose to target a specific area you want to focus on for that session.
- Arms, Back, & Chest: Sculpt and tone your upper body with exercises designed to make your arms as strong as a horror movie heroine.
- Legs and Booty: Work those legs and lift that booty with exercises that will leave you feeling like you can outrun any slasher.
- Aerobics: Get your heart racing with horror-themed aerobics that'll have you serving synthwave 80s vibes all day long.
- Striptease: A seductively spooky striptease session that adds a thrilling twist to your fitness routine... or it's just fun to watch.
8. Customizable: Slashercise provides customizable intensity levels to accommodate all fitness levels. The program that allows the viewer to choose their intensity level or modify when needed. Choose the "Slasher" level for a spine-tingling but manageable workout, or dive into the heart-pounding challenge of the "Final Girl" level for a truly intense fitness experience. Both will assist in getting toned enough to outrun any killer baddie, ghoul, or kaiju that comes your way.
9. Exclusive Bonus Content: The DVD includes exclusive bonus content, including behind-the-screams footage, interviews with Ama Lea and Vanessa Decker, our cast and crew and special features that dive into the creative process behind "Slashercise."
Slashercise ™ is not just a workout; it's a horror-fueled journey that invites fitness enthusiasts and horror fans alike to push their limits while embracing the thrill of the unknown. With Lea's directorial expertise and Decker's infectious passion for horror, this collaboration is set to redefine the fitness landscape.
The DVD is available for pre-order now at Slashercise.com and will be released March 2024. Don't miss your opportunity to be among the first to participate in the fun, fitness and frights with “Slashercise”.